ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The role is responsible for leading the Business Development function for Rakuten TV’s commercial activities in Spain. Accountable for creating and developing deep relationships with advertisers, agencies, and agency trading desks with the objectives of developing and executing digital marketing strategies across channels including monetizing premium digital advertising inventory through direct and programmatic transaction models supported by Rakuten’s technology platforms. This individual is also responsible for building organizational structures, incentives, and team culture to maximize performance and will be expected to contribute significantly to the development of Rakuten’s business strategy. Reports to Managing Director, Rakuten Marketing.
- Lead sales strategies and execution for Rakuten TV in the Spanish market.
- Oversee a team of highly talented Business Development professionals
- Maintain and builds deep strategic partnerships and sales campaigns within advertisers, agencies, and agency trading desks to understand their buying objectives and methods
- Builds single and multichannel strategies mapped to client goals/KPIs
- Identifies buyside trends and opportunities and communicates them throughout the organization
- Leads the training and development of Business Development teams
- Regularly participates in both sales and account management activities and industry events
- Develops and manages annual operating budgets
- Communicates regularly with the Global Rakuten Marketing leadership team
- Exercises independent judgment in pursuit of business goals and objectives
- Travels as necessary to support business objectives (prospect/client meetings, conferences, internal meetings)
- Reviews and develops regular prioritization feedback for the Product team.
- Redefines sales strategies and GTM marketing plans.
- Clear understanding of all relevant measurement mechanisms and KPIs across all media types/formats
- Adept at creating bespoke pricing models and go-to-market proposals and media kits
- Researches and recommends new tools for sales activity and enhancements for sales campaigns.
- Leads the training of business development personnel and all logistical aspects of the sales program.
- Develops sales incentives to align with strategies and channel deployment, as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent (Advanced a plus)
- 7+ year of experience with direct digital sales to advertisers, agencies, and/or trading, generally requires 14+ years related experience
- 7+ year’s experience with TV/digital ad sales
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- In-depth understanding of the linear and/or premium digital/video sales
- Deep understanding of the digital advertising industry value chain, specifically including programmatic buying models
- Extensive buyside professional network among advertisers, agencies (affiliate and media), and trading desks
- Established relationships with senior/CMO level buying contacts
- Strong record of sales achievement against quantitative targets
- Ultra-high EQ
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate what is needed for you to be successful
- Ability to regularly collaborate with others in pursuit of joint goals and objectives